Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's been a pinterest, crafty kind of day.  I started working on 5 gallon bucket seats for my classroom. (I am in love!)  I will post pictures of those later because the paint is starting to scratch off - even though I used plastic spray paint.  After, I put a sealer on them, I will post pics.  Did I say I am in love?  Cuz I totally am.  :)

I did get one project finished.  I made the supply drawers out of the tool box.  The problem I was having is that I want the drawers to sit on my desk and the back of them will be facing my classroom. There isn't a back to the drawers so you can see all the little clear drawers, and that just doesn't look nice and organized to me.  SOOO, I covered the back of the drawers with cardboard, scrapbook paper, and ribbon.  Added my name, some flowers, and a felt owl and VOILA!  I now have my own name plate - per se - on my desk! 

Note on the ribbon:  I put it all around like a border, but then I also went around the top and sides so you didn't have to see the cardboard when you looked down on it.

Note on the: The font for my name, "Mrs. Reeves" is courtesy of Kevin & Amanda Scrapbook fonts.
  
Front of the drawers
Back of the drawers




No comments:

Post a Comment